Monday, 28 March 2011

Lesson 9 - Business Management Tools (Part 1)

Lesson 9

I am not sure whether you have this problem...........
I find that I have an increasing number of IDs and passwords to remember after I started my affiliate marketing business. A lot of time is spent on looking for passwords, remembering IDs, etc.

As such, I recommend that all of you develop a very simple tool to manage your business and help you save time in locating your IDs and passwords. It is really very simple, just open up an Excel spreadsheet and create the below fields to help you manage your database of IDs and passwords:

- Service Providers
- Log-in Website
- ID
- Passwords (I recommend that you use common secret codes to represent your passwords so that when people get access to your file, they still cannot access your passwords. For me, I try to use the same passwords for as many applications as possible. For example, if my password is "chocolate99", I will use the code "food99" as I know for myself that "food" means my favourite food "chocolate".)
- Purpose
- Comments

You can just add on to the list as and when you sign on for a new service or application. You can use the "Find" function in Excel to help you locate the ID and password of any service provider very effectively, thus helping you to save time.

Remember:

Time is Money!!!